SPN FANDOM, LET ME COUNT THE WAYS IN WHICH THIS IS A TERRIBLE FUCKING BAD IDEA:
1) Andrew Blake, aka andythanfiction, has a very long history of being unable to safely maneuver reality and fantasy play in ways that don’t wind up fucking hurting the people around him.
2) He’s also a known con artist and a cult leader. As in, he was arrested for identity fraud, indicted in Oregon for operating a fraudulent charity, and legally ordered never to conduct any charity operations in the state again.
“10 years of Fandom Wank" - the 2nd item on the list gives you an overview of Andrew Blake, aka thanfiction, nee Amy Player and Victoria Bitter and Jordan Wood, as a con artist.
“How Scientology resembles a broken role-playing game" and "How Scientology resembles a broken role-playing game, p 2" — both of these articles discuss Andrew Blake’s role as a cult leader.
He has been described this way in numerous times and contexts by other fans who have been involved in intense roleplay scenarios with him. One of these fans/roommates/partners, Abbey Stone, has written in terrifying terms about how Andy’s influence over her nearly got her killed after they wound up trying to walk across the Canadian border in the dead of winter in sub-freezing temperatures.
Operation Catch and Release: Part 1 and Part 2 - if you only read a single link make it this 2-parter.
Seriously this is NOT SOMEBODY YOU WANT TO DO A FUCKING APOCALYPTIC ROLEPLAY RETREAT WITH, SPN FANDOM.
3) I don’t know Andy personally. I’ve always tried to be wary but give him the benefit of the doubt re: his oft-stated attempts to change. But if you’re really sincere about addressing a problem where the repeated schematics involve you starting fucking RPGs that involve people a) paying you money for scams and b) doing weird shit with you in remote locations, you don’t keep starting RPGs that require people to pay you money in order to do weird shit in remote locations. If Andy Blake is sincere about changing he should not be putting himself in environments where he can roleplay fictional characters and influence other people to do so, too.
4) Seriously this shit is like an alcoholic known for getting drunk and trashing other people’s houses (and not paying them back for the damage) telling you for years they want to change and then making a post announcing they want to throw a party at their neighborhood liquor store and can you all pay him $100 for the cover charge?
5) Look, people, LARPing is really fucking intense just as it is. It’s basically like doing an untrained acting retreat where there’s no stage so you don’t always no when to hit the ‘off’ button. If you’re going to LARP safely you need to be surrounded by people who have a firm grasp on reality. Andrew Blake has a very long, extremely well-documented history of blurring that line, in one case deliberately in order to pursue a financial scam. He also has a track record for extremely intense LARPing that blurs the line between “group social activity” and “mini-cult led out of Andy’s bedroom.”
6) This is a dangerous fucking thing that Andrew Blake is asking and you should. not. do it. Spread the word, SPN fandom. Do not let him do this to you. Don’t let him do it to your friends. Don’t let him do it to your fandom. Don’t let him do it to himself. Just. Don’t fucking let him do it.
Ooooh, Jordan Wood is STILL GOING STRONG? Holy shit, AVOID AVOID AVOID. Serious levels of Batshit. Google him.